As I sit here waiting for my doctor who is perpetually behind schedule I thought I would take the chance to complain a little (which I seem to do a lot of lately, especially on Facebook).
Last night I ate too much. My mom took requests from everyone and so we had a shmorgesbord of random and delicious food. My belly rebelled against me all night.
We got home late and mike had to rush off to work a night shift so I got the kids to bed and decided to try to go to bed early. Please note that early for me is any time before 2 am these days. Well I forgot I had turned off the furnace earlier in the day to film a food storage video in our basement. I woke up freezing all night but couldn't muster up the energy to turn the heat on. At some point in the night I also developed a raging sore throat to add to my misery.
Combine the cold sleep and sore throat with a dream that I swear lasted all night long about my dog bubba having his legs ripped off and me carrying him in my arms all night trying to find a vet. I feel like I slept for maybe 5 minutes at best.
I awoke to an alarm at 7:30 because I had to be to the doctor in Orem by 9. Of course this is the ONE day that both kids sleep in. I got Lexi up and dressed and asked her to go wake up Mikey. She came back up and said "I can't find him on the top OR the bottom bunk" which of course sent me into a pregnant woman panic as I ran downstairs to look for him. He must have been cold too because he was completely nestled under the covers and hidden from view.
We rushed out the door with poptarts in hand and I got to do the most pleasant glucose test where you drink the nasty orange drink and then sit there for an hour. After the hour was up I got one of the nastiest and most painful blood draws ever. On a good note she got it on the first try instead of the 8th like last time.
I then proceded to go over to my doctor's office for a checkup. I thought for sure being at 10:30 am would avoid being behind schedule ...
And yet here I sit with only my iPhone for company, feeling starving, wanting a diet coke, and watching the time get late enough that Mikey will be late for preschool. Which pretty much foils my entire purpose of doing the appointment this early and doing the glucose test beforehand.
So I'm doing what any good mom and/or mom to be would do and blogging about it from my iPhone.
And THAT my friends is why I'm having a bad day!
-- Posted From My iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment