Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What's this all about?

Welcome to our family blog! You may have been following my musings over at Jodi's World of Motherhood ... but I got bored with that idea thanks to an inspiring talk in church on Sunday (and the fact that I never manage to post on it). For Father's Day we had a great talk by the mother of Mikey's little twin friends. This woman is a SuperMom. She has four year old twins and 9 month old twins, YIKES! Angie, you inspire me and you are a great blogger too (visit her at Mama Joy). She encouraged us to have family home evenings be a priority in our home. Of course this is the type of talk that has you squirming in your seat thinking how much of a failure you are. Ok maybe that is just me, but anyway ...

One of the things that stuck out in my mind was that Angie mentioned one of the things they used to do for family home evening is do a family journal entry. She got teary-eyed thinking of some of the great "little" memories that were forever captured in those pages. Things that wouldn't make a scrapbook, or a home video, or even be thought of again. But they are forever remembered in the family journal. Again I felt the failings of watching my kids growing up and knowing that there are so many funny and cute stories that are already being forgotten or banished to the depths of my facebook status archives never to be found again.

Well of course my obsession for blogging triggered an immediate thought in my mind that I could kill two birds with one stone. Thus I am going to forgo the traditional Mommy blog where I alone document the life of my family. We are going to create the Moore Family Chronicles together as part of our family home evening each week.

So there you go ... I tend to always start projects with gusto and never follow through very well ... so we will see where this blog takes is in a few weeks or months or years. Please feel free to follow along for the ride and comment along the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment